Update ARM with lost changes since the conversion to RST files
The ARM does not yet mention that signing can be done with
This is caused by commit 9fb6d11a (converting documentation to Sphinx). The commit was authored on March 31, 2019 and was merged on May 7, 2020.
It is likely that other documentation changes between that period may have been lost in translation.
@michal provided a
git command to go over the changes to XML files that were made in that period.
git log --patch --color-words d571b3346818dd28bfca1528449e16bee86bb3cc..9fb6d11abbdb10ded128f0ee5c004f24b4030ede^ -- $(git diff-tree -r --no-commit-id --name-only 9fb6d11abbdb10ded128f0ee5c004f24b4030ede -- ':*.xml*' ':!doc/arm/notes*')
- commit 978c7b2e changes
libdnsdocumentation but since the libraries have been made private we no longer have to worry about that.
- commit 98b3b937 removes the Python based DNSSEC tools after the introduction of
dnssec-policy. They don't appear in the latest version of the RST files, so all good.
- commit 4e8f8da6 adds information on
nsdname-wait-recurse. Yes, also present in
- commit 6fb568ca improves the readability of the bibliography. Lots of style changes, but no content changes.
- commit d9a6fef0 shortens the text of mirror zones. That same change I see has
been made in
- commit 9e4a153f use relative width for zone tables. No content changes.
- commit 47e42d57 explains that DNSSEC keys are not shared among zones. I see that
text also in
- commit 5a23e7ab documents
max-ixfr-ratio. The same text is present in
- commit fa3fbf62 adds a clarification on "glob expression". Is also there in
- commit ba0313e6 fixes spelling errors reported by Fossies. These also seem to have been fixed in the RST files.
- commit c7866acb revises
dnssec-policydocumentation. Those revisions have also been made in the RST files.
- commit 21bb9fa7 improves query logging documentation. Those improvements can
also be seen in
- commit 58aa084e adds support for algorithm mnemonics in
dnssec-policy. Those mnemonics have also been added in
- commit 2733edb2 allows an unlimited key lifetime. Also in
- commit 9dc63001 renames
max-zone-ttlin both documentation formats.
- commit be3a1102 documents forwarders config
dscpparameters. Also made it to
- commit 05c6a29c documents that version also controls
authors.bindin both documentation formats.
- commit fc36798a removes the restriction that
dstrust anchors cannot be mixed. That restriction is also not present in the RST files.
- commit 343c6d35 updates platform compatibility. Both documentation sets are in sync with respect to platforms.
- commit 2df13f79 adds
2020to the copyright years. RST deals with that differently.
- commit 4b66c0eb changes some
dnssec-policydefaults, also in
- commit a339a6df updates documentation with durations. I see them in both.
- commit 8fd8404e removes two leftover
ttlvalreferences can be found in the RST files.
- commit 8c37d3d3 renames
trust-anchors. It looks like the changed made it, but grepping for
dnssec-keysI found some leftover references to
- commit c29ccae2 documents
static-key. Also in
- commit 45d62398 adds
dnssec-policygrammar. This is also included in the RST files.
- commit 6468ffc3 adds keywords to
keysclause, also in
- commit 1f0d6296 exposes more key timing configurations. Those are also present
- commit da0ae529 updates DNSSEC documentation and adds
dnssec-policyto the list of methods to sign your zone. This change did NOT make it in
- commit a50d707f introduces
dnssec-policy. Made it to
- commit b7c5bfb2 extends
ttlvalto also use ISO 8601 durations and was also done in
- commit c67379fb changes indentation, so not important.
- commit ebc61946 adds a sentence on overlapping selectors. That sentence can
also be found in
- commit e0618174 adds more info about
interface- interval. That info has also been added in
- commit f7eea400 changes the default for the
none. And in
reference.rstthe default is also
- commit c6f91f8b adds
reference.rstexplains the same thing.
- commit c5453ea3 adds
require-server-cookiewhen to set. The text is there although has been reworded. I think this requires no further action.
- commit 1ea6aadf documents
resolver-retry-interval. It is also documented in
- commit d8abf4f5 adds defaults for
reference.rstdocuments the same defaults.
- commit a20c42dc disables NSEC aggressive caching, alos in
- commit aca78add removes discussion about fallback to plain DNS on timeout. I
don't see that discussion in
- commit 9fc4be22 removes
rate-limitreference from "Response Rate Limiting" section. It is also missing in
- commit 2ceb4b6a improves cache db statistics documentation. Also improved in
- commit c9d56a81 documents the
~mark in cache db statistics.
reference.rstalso mentions the tilde mark.
- commit 33bddbb5 clarifies relationship between ACLs and RPZs. That clarification
made it in
- commit 5ed13fe4 removes DLV from ARM. The
general.rstfile also moves DLV to historic.
- commit 02d95d0b removes
dnssec-lookaside. I don't see it anywhere in the RST files.
- commit a7ec7eb6 checks bits 64..71 and so does
- commit bded8af7 corrects default for
rrset-order. It changed to
randomand that is also what is in
- commit 9ba3e3f1 converts
geoip2. The added note regarding Windows systems can also be found in
- commit 55cca87d removes references to legacy GeoIP. No "legacy GeoIP" mentions can be found in the RST files.
- commit 77c2a8bc removes spurious commas, moving on.
- commit d1503cbf deprecates
dnssec-lookasidevalidation (and was later removed, so carry on).
- commit a5dc24b2 marks some
managed-keysinstances as deprecated and I have seen them marked as deprecated in the RST files.
- commit c9945d61 updates the ARM with the new GeoIP and those have made it into
- commit 3a3f40e3 includes a note on DNSSEC sign metrics. This note has been
- commit e21103f2 fixes statistics for x86 Windows builds. The note on 32-bit Windows that was added here cannot be found in the RST files, but that is because we dropped support for 32-bit Windows. So all good.
- commit 3853b3cf updates documentation for
dnssec-keys. Has made it to the RST files.
- commit a9dca583 removes
cleaning-interval. Also obsoleted in
- commit 4889e06c fixes NODATA ANCOUNT, and the same fix is in
- commit d809ec6c restores tcp-clients < interfaces. Also restored in
- commit b7e91157 revises
minimal-responses. The revision has also made it to
- commit 91dca0f8 updates documentation on
allow-update-forwarding. The added text can also be found in
- commit 1d45ad8f ignores trust anchors using disabled algorithms, and
- commit d0696586 removes
dnssec-enableand is marked as obsoleted in
- commit d1fa8be6 adds
add-soaand is also added in