Windows Service Error 1067 for v. 9.16.20
Unable to start ISC Bind v. 9.16.20 as Windows Service. It works with ISC Bind v. 9.11.35.
BIND version used
The problem only occurs with ISC Bind 9.16.20, but not in 9.11.35
Steps to reproduce
- Download Windows x64 binaries for ISC Bind 9.16.20
- Run BINDInstall.exe as administrator, install the Bind.
- Put your configs into ./etc folder
- Allow full access to bind service account
- Successfully run the Bind from command line: named -f
- Attempt to run as service causes Windows error 1067
What is the current bug behavior?
Attempt to run Windows service causes error 1067.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Service should be able to start. The same configuration works with Bind 9.11.35.
Relevant logs and/or screenshots
The Windows Application Events log doesn't reveal any error(s).