Database backend for storing and managing zone files
When we implemented dynDB it was thought this could be our generic database backend interface. However the only database module that exists is the RedHat FreeIPA (LDAP) module.
Create a module that works with BIND via the dynDB interface, or otherwise enable an ISP (for example) to
- manage BIND zone files in an external database, updating and adding zone records directly in the database
- store them in wire-format so the time to serve them is not significantly slower than native named zone files
- this should enable 'dynamic' zone addition and deletion without restarting BIND
- support using a local database per BIND server with database replication so multiple BIND servers can get updates within Security minutes of update on the master
- MariaDB is suggested but the choice of database is flexible