Convert to modern autotools (autoconf + automake + libtool)
The current build system doesn't use automake. It would be much easier to maintain the build system if we use full autotools capabilities.
Also reducing the number of Makefiles scattered in subdirectories into just few would help with dependency graph and parallel builds.
- #48 Drop $SYSTEMTESTTOP from bin/tests/system/
- #114 Out of tree system tests
- #1720 Building documentation is broken with Automake
- #1722 Ensure unit test core dumps are collected for Automake builds
- #1724 Revise installation locations for certain BIND binaries
- #1725 Ensure correct use of lib/ns/tests/wrap.c
- #1726 Unit tests: rename TESTS to something more descriptive
- #1727 Drop use of "$FEATURETEST --have-dlopen"
- #1728 Check whether the "rsabigexponent" can be run for a PKCS#11 BIND build
- #1729 Remove unused helper scripts from bin/tests/system/
- #1730 Clean up no-op AC_SUBST calls
- #1731 Sort Automake files nicely