dhcp-lease-list incorrect instruction for downloading the OUI.TXT file from IEEE
name: Bug report about: Create a report to help us improve
If you believe your bug report is a security issue (e.g. a packet that can kill the server), DO NOT REPORT IT HERE. Please use https://www.isc.org/community/report-bug/ instead or send mail to security-office(at)isc(dot)org. If you really need to report it here, please set the confidential field to true.
Describe the bug Cosmetic bug. When running the dhcp-lease-list command, the wrong URL is referenced for downloading the OUI file. It is currently set to read http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt when it should be http://standards-oui.ieee.org/oui/oui.txt.
To Reproduce Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Run the command dhcp-lease-list on a new install of DHCPD with no OUI.TXT file loaded/available.
Expected behavior A clear and concise description of what you expected to happen: The instruction instead reads: To get manufacturer names please download http://standards-oui.ieee.org/oui/oui.txt to /usr/local/etc/oui.txt
- ISC DHCP version: 4.4.1
- OS: Raspbian 11 (bullseye)
- Which features were compiled in: Installed from apt
Some initial questions
- Are you sure your feature is not already implemented in the latest ISC DHCP version? |- No, on 4.4.1 and latest version is 4.4.2-PL1, however this is not obtainable via apt on Raspbian just yet.
- Are you sure your requrested feature is not already impemented in Kea? Perhaps it's a good time to consider migration? |- Unknown, but not sure if relevant.
- Are you sure what you would like to do is not possible using some other mechanisms? |- Irrelevant.
- Have you discussed your idea on dhcp-users and/or dhcp-workers mailing lists? |- No.
Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe. N/A
Describe the solution you'd like The correct URL displays
Describe alternatives you've considered The user can Google it
Additional context N/A
Funding its development N/A
Participating in development N/A
Contacting you E-mail attached to this account is fine