There are several things we could tweak in the configure script:
- several help instances show defaults in double brackets
[[default=no]], but others show in single brackets
[default=no]and others as
(default=no), e.g. --with-werror.
- unknown (e.g. misspelled) parameters are ignored (e.g.
--with-gtest-sources=..). There's a warning at the top, but it should either be error or at least made more prominent.
- sphinx-build is being printed twice
- the expression "building docs in PDF" is awkward, should be "building PDF docs"
- there are old checks for __SUNPRO_CC - we don't and won't support Solaris
- with-aix-soname - why do we have option like this?
- the options are split into "optional features" and "optional packages" in seemingly random fashion (perfdhcp, static link and disable-rpath are in packages section, mysql, werror checking and some weird AIX options in "packages")