There are several things we could tweak in the configure script:
- several help instances show defaults in double brackets
[[default=no]], but others show in single brackets
[default=no]and others as
(default=no), e.g. --with-werror.
- unknown (e.g. misspelled) parameters are ignored (e.g.
--with-gtest-sources=..). There's a warning at the top, but it should either be error or at least made more prominent.
- sphinx-build is being printed twice
- the expression "building docs in PDF" is awkward, should be "building PDF docs"
- there are old checks for __SUNPRO_CC - we don't and won't support Solaris
- with-aix-soname - why do we have option like this?
- the options are split into "optional features" and "optional packages" in seemingly random fashion (perfdhcp, static link and disable-rpath are in packages section, mysql, werror checking and some weird AIX options in "packages")
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have admin enable hashed storage. More information