subnet inheritance inconsistencies
There are some inconsistencies (nothing critical so not a bug but lost opportunities to simplify code and improve performance) in the way subnets are handles for at least relay, interface name and v6 interface id:
- relay is a direct field of Network, is derived in syntax parsing and checked for both subnet and parent shared network for subnet selection.
- interface name (getIface) is inherited using getProperty, checked in sharedNetworksSanityChecks after syntax parsing and checked for both subnet and parent shared network for subnet selection.
- interface id (v6 option) is inherited using getProperty and subject of #652 (closed).
- get rid of the syntax derivation when possible (in particular when the other inheritance mechanism applies)
- avoid spurious inheritance in CB cmds (aka #652 (closed))
- apply a subset of sharedNetworksSanityChecks in merging
- at the opposite use inheritance to make only subnet level checks in subnet selection (note this means a subnet should be attached to its parent shared network before being added to the global subnet container)
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information