Automatically filter traffic from excessively verbose clients
Chatty Client feature
Kea has a 'drop class' (https://kb.isc.org/docs/using-the-kea-dhcp-drop-class) for ignoring excessive traffic from buggy or misconfigured devices. This request is for a mechanism to automatically invoke this filter for clients that exceed some configurable thresholds the administrator defines as 'excessive.'
- Configure thresholds for values of # of requests per second (high and low thresholds)
- When you pass the threshold, start filtering requests
- E.g. filter >15 discovers in 10 seconds?
- Remove filter <5 in 10 seconds
- Consider setting a default value
(this is not specific to cable but is labelled 'docsis' to make it easier to find all the feature requests related to that solution. )