Milestone expires on Dec 31, 2020
These are the tasks we'd like to do in the next year or so. They're expected to be moved to specific release milestones first.
Date is fake and is used only to sort milestones.
Unstarted Issues (open and unassigned)
- Update DHCPv6 server to fully support RFC7550 (obsoleted by RFC 8415)
- Discussion about ordering in configurations.
- Confusing Cassandra error: executeMutation(): [applied] is false for statement INSERT_HOST
- Kea should be able to print performance metrics
- kea installed from rpm/deb is returning 'tarball' as version
- Rename flex_id unit-tests (CalloutTest => FlexIdTest)
- Removed the simplified notation (doc cleanup)
- Add a verbose flag to developer YANG module check scripts.
- Improve netconf performance: keep the control socket connection open
- empty test in src/bin/dhcp6/tests/dhcp6_process_tests.sh
- Add a rebuild-test target for CA, D2 and NETCONF
- pool order
- Radius option definitions
- Reconfigure with an unusable lease back end, leaves the server in a non-working state (no rollback)
- Add a park point to subnet select callout.
- Update network/subnet hooks to handle new classification fields
- make database config parsing more flexible
- stringop-truncation warnings
- NetworkState class should be Kea MT safe.
- statistic-remove-all removes also total-addresses and similar statistics
- Remove commit and rollback methods from lease and host manager APIs.
- 500 IPv4 address limit
- Silent Botan warnings with recent versions.
- Provide capability to specify lease lifetimes at Pool and possibly Reservation level
- Feature: Client-Class option to always be required when "only-if-required" is true
- Strange Sphinx ARM search results
- Integrate LGTM security checker into our process
- unittests related to waitForProcess fail on FreeBSD 12
- on macOS 10.14.6 when configuring --with-lcov libssl is not recognized
- LFC logs are not under control of config
- Sphinx documentation questions
- Consider returning a list of shared networks, subnets etc for which options have been set
- make statistics more consistent
- Implement global parameters as stamped elements
- wipe script path is wrong.
- remote-config-get command
- Kea takes a long time to process an invalid configuration file
- Unable to isolate kea logs based on severity level.
- Get rid of sockcreator
- Handle Debian/Ubuntu multiple architecture support
- Create a script to check that headers are installed.
- perfdhcp avalanche: more research needed for selecting proper periods for checking resending packets
- Test if vivco (124) is working, write unit-tests and examples
- Investigate possiblity to get host reservations by subnet-id in Cassandra
- Decrease CPU workload for low traffic condition in perfdhcp
- Add D2 support to netconf.
- Add CA support to netconf.
- Postgres unit-tests fail in weird way if postgres timezone is set incorrectly
- strip down version of unpack
- kea-netconf should print out control channel being opened
- Using a model which is installed but unknown.
- Warning message "the interface x is down" is incomplete. (GH#95)
- Time of issue of ip address (permanent IP assignment)
- Report a hook DSO version when it is loaded
- selecting listening port by -p in dhcp4 does not work
- kea-netconf (and other servers/agents) creating incorrectly named pid file
- if hook is defined in config twice then all operations are made 2 times
- Examine IA_NA prefix length values in our code for consistency and usability
- Kea daemonization
- DHCP hook libs should not be loadable by CA,D2