Milestone expired on Aug 31, 2020
This milestone represents all the features and bugfixes we want to implement in the 1.7 series. Once we are close to working on specific issue it will be moved to dedicated 1.7.x milestone.
Major goals planned for the whole 1.7 series are:
- Kea 1.7 will focus on improving performance (number of leases served per second). This include implementing support for multi-threading.
- Because of the continued strong interest among users for running Kea as a 'stateless' service, with a shared centralized lease database, in Kea 1.7 we will also look for ways to reduce contention between Kea servers handing out dynamic leases from shared pools by implementing multiple different address selection algorithms, or an offset from the next available address.
- 1.7 will update the D2 support in Kea, adding more fine-grained support for updating the DNS (or not updating it), for DDNS timer options equivalent to those in ISC DHCP, and for updating and removing DNS records. This should enable different DDNS policies for static host reservations vs dynamic reservations, and ideally also different policies for leases in different subnets. We should pay particular attention to verifying that DNS records are removed or updated as appropriate.
- Kea 1.7 will add support for the legacy bootp method for bootstrapping older devices. This is a requirement for some enterprises to implement Kea.
- To support Stork, a planned Kea management tool, we will add support for lease updates to an HA non-participating node. Kea's DNS integration must also be remotely manageable via this tool, which may require adding Kea-ctrl support to D2.
Unstarted Issues (open and unassigned)
Ongoing Issues (open and assigned)
Completed Issues (closed)