Kea Apps list layout
In the Kea Apps list panel, Cathy had several comments.
- The ID in the left column, which elsewhere is referred to as the AppID, seems to be a server ID (because the same AppID appears to be shared by all the daemons on the same machine - although it is hard to tell, because none of the machines in the demo install have more than one daemon running). It could be a useful shorthand to be able to refer to machines by a number that is smaller than the IP address, but it is odd to be ID on this panel and AppID elsewhere, and to seem to apply to a server.
- The Version information is useful, but the column should be much narrower.
- If we have to have alarming RED Xs they should be clickable to a panel where the admin can find out what the problem is.
- The machine address and machine hostname appear to be the same. An IP address was expected under machine address.
- This is probably a bug that will be fixed when we re-do the refresh mechanism, but there is a machine Cathy renamed Splodge (first one on the list) which is unreachable by that name, yet this panel shows that the dhcp4 server is still running, when the App detail panel shows it is unreachable.