Stork web interface default user/password doesn't work on Ubuntu 18.04/20.04
name: Stork GUI Default Access on Ubuntu 18.04 / 20.04
If you believe your bug report is a security issue (e.g. a packet that can kill the server), DO NOT REPORT IT HERE. Please use https://www.isc.org/community/report-bug/ instead or send mail to security-office(at)isc(dot)org.
Describe the bug Stork v0.9.0 on both Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and 20.04 LTS. Default admin/admin login does not appear to work but I can see the user in the postgres DB, verified access to 'stork' DB user and required privileges.
Followed the installation instructions here: https://stork.readthedocs.io/en/v0.9.0/install.html#installing-on-debian-ubuntu
postgres (PostgreSQL) 12.2 (Ubuntu 12.2-4)
To Reproduce Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Install Stork on Ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04 LTS using this guide: https://stork.readthedocs.io/en/v0.9.0/install.html#installing-on-debian-ubuntu
- Attempt to login to the web interface using the default username and password (admin/admin).
Expected behavior Login should be successful and I should be able to create/edit/manage additional users.
- Kea version: N/A
- BIND9 version: N/A
- Stork: 0.9.0
- OS: Ubuntu 18.04 / Ubuntu 20.04 x64 LTS
- Kea: N/A
- Kea: N/A
- postgres (PostgreSQL) 12.2 (Ubuntu 12.2-4)
Additional Information I can connect to the postgres DB using the "stork" username and password, the tables and data exist, I can see the username "admin" and the hashed password, etc.
stork=# SELECT * FROM system_user; id | email | lastname | name | password_hash | login ----+-------+----------+-------+------------------------------------+------- 1 | | admin | admin | $1$SlZLf1wT$sdC2ZyssasdfasdfasdfYo1 | admin
Some initial questions
- Are you sure your feature is not already implemented in the latest Kea version? This is strictly for Stork web GUI access.
- Are you sure what you would like to do is not possible using some other mechanisms? No, I can't login to Stork at all.
- Have you discussed your idea on kea-users or kea-dev mailing lists? I haven't - I'm not finding much in the way of people discussing Stork (or this version 0.9.0 specifically).
Additional context Brand new installation of Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04. I deployed 18.04 as that is what is stated to be working correctly in the installation guide to rule out an issue with 20.04 but they both operate the same way.
Contacting you I can be reached via email@example.com