Req 2.4.2 - Pool Utilization alerts
As a user I need to quickly be able to see the utilization % (per pool), and quickly identify pools that have very high utilization. This is often done with colors or other graphical indicators to make it easy to spot pools with high utilization with a quick visual scan.
See req 2.4 (subnets list) and 2.4.1 (displaying pool utilization) for dependencies required for this.
- I would like to have some sort of ALARM or alert when a pool passes a threshold of utilization so this can be displayed at the server level rather than the pool level.
- I would like to be able to configure the threshold that constitutes an alert.
- I would expect this alert to be prominent, and included in an alerts panel so that I will notice that I need to take action or clients may be denied services.
- I would also like to identify pools with very low utilization, because I am going to have to make a configuration change to ensure address availability and I may want to identify a low-utilization pool for a shared network or something.
- This request for an alert refers to the Stork UI. If it is possible to also have an alarm raised in Prometheus and/or Grafana, that is highly desirable because those apps will have the ability to send these alarms to external services (email, slack, pager duty)
- Default pool utilization% for alarm? 80%?
- If there is any way to extrapolate from recent usage patterns to estimate how long the pool will last (e.g. you have another 24 hours until this pool will likely be exhausted) that could be cool.