- Top menu bar navigation options
For a high level guidelines, see UI guidelines
Top menu bar navigation options
Here are a few possible nav bar options.
- clarify the hierarchy (possibly with breadcrumbs so the user is clear where they are in the menu structure
- clarify relationship between machines and services (machines is pretty clear, but services not so clear)
- provide explicit dashboard link
Stork 0.8 top menu bar
Option 1 - With a DHCP Menu that includes what is today under Services as Kea DHCP, here called 'Daemons'. Machines are separate menu item.
Option 1a - variant with 'Daemons' replaced with 'Kea apps'
Option 2 - DHCP Menu, machines are included under DHCP.
Option 2a - changed the name of Applications
Option 3 - No DHCP Menu (DHCP-only version), instead System and Servers (intended that System means system-wide, 'servers' means instances). No separate Grafana menu ("activity graphs' = Grafana). Example of a possible Tools menu. Note the inclusion of DB Backends.
Option 4 - No separate Dashboard menu. This is my current favorite. Note I have stuffed leases, alarms, db backends, topology, reports - a bunch of things we don't have yet into the menu, just to see where they might go.
Servers and Services
- server details:
- perf info (mem, cpu, ...)
- log view
- Kea: failover status
Selecting Machines Page from Top Menu
Machines are physical or virtual machines were Stork Agent and services (BIND or Kea) are running. Machines page allows browsing existing machines and approve just added one. BIND and Kea pages shows list of services of given kind (i.e. BIND or Kea).
List of Machines
These machines are authorized.
List of Unauthorized Machines
Admin has set up a Stork Agent with indicated Stork Server address. Agent tries to connect to Server. For now Server is rejecting it but put it to list of unauthorized machines. Now admin can authorize just brought up agent.
- should include options
- list items could be expanded to some degree
- item leads to its details with user context
- timeservies (consider Prometheus)
- signed status
- stats per zone
- DNSSEC info
- adding user
- edit user