Write down goals of the experiment
Figure out the statistics pipelines:
Kea -> Prometheus -> Grafana BIND -> Prometheus -> Grafana
- Prometheus pull vs push model
- if we use pull model (requires http server), do we want to reuse Kea CA?
- Identify changes needed to export data from Kea/BIND
- Identify steps needed to configure Prometheus and Grafana
- Start coding!
- Prometheus client C++ library - https://github.com/jupp0r/prometheus-cpp
- Franek's GSOC experiment - https://gitlab.isc.org/Franek12/Kea_Prometheus-client_library
- Kea exporter - https://github.com/mweinelt/kea-exporter
- PostgreSQL - https://github.com/wrouesnel/postgres_exporter
- MySQL exporter - https://github.com/prometheus/mysqld_exporter
- BIND exporter - https://github.com/digitalocean/bind_exporter
- Hardware/OS exporter - https://github.com/prometheus/node_exporter
- Each exporter is supposed to use its own unique port. Here's a list of currently available exporters: https://github.com/prometheus/prometheus/wiki/Default-port-allocations