Drop CentOS 6 support after November 30, 2020
CentOS 6 EOL date is November 30, 2020.
We should decide on it's support for In GitLab CI, CentOS 6 jobs will only be run for BIND 9.11 and BIND 9.11-S.
9_16 (it was dropped on
main since the 9.17 epoch started).
v9_16 is still under very active development (DoH) with dependencies being added (libnghttp2), I suggest CentOS 6 is dropped after November 30, 2020 and we spare us the headache of building dependencies (libev) for new BIND dependencies (libnghttp2).
- Prepare and send an announcement to bind-users
(!4392 (merged)) Drop CentOS 6 jobs from GitLab CI for
- (images!90 (merged)) Drop CentOS 6-specific parts from all Packer image recipes
(images@68115dde) Drop CentOS 6 support from the
Drop CentOS 6-specific parts from
*.specfiles for BIND's build prerequisites
- (isc-private/rpms/bind!14) Drop CentOS 6-specific parts from BIND RPM build scripts
- (isc-private/rpms/bind!14) Drop CentOS 6-specific parts from BIND RPM test scripts
- Remove CentOS 6 chroots from Copr before publishing the December releases
- Update installation instructions on Copr so that they do not include CentOS 6-specific bits
- Remove all CentOS 6 packages from Cloudsmith (after a few months)