Milestone expired on Nov 9, 2018
Objectives of this milestone are:
- YANG/NETCONF - an ability for Kea to be able to store major parts of its configuration as YANG configuration and be able to manipulate it using NETCONF interface
- Better congestion handling - Kea 1.4 does not behave well if there's more traffic it can handle. This new feature will improve the situation.
- Global host reservations - reservations that could be used in any subnet.
- A design for Config Backend - an ability to store major elements, such as subnets, pools and shared networks in a database. We plan to do a design and some preparatory foundation code in 1.5, with the actual complete implementation to follow up in 1.6
- User contexts in leases - ability to add and keep user information in leases
- REST API documentation - we now have a much cleaner REST API documentation
- Class commands - a new hook that allows to manage client classes on the fly, without restarting the server or going through the whole reconfiguration process.
Due date is tentative and subject to change.